*help* - title block problem

Greetings everyone.

I've got a funny little problem. I modified one of the default title blocks and put it on a new sheet layer. Then, double-clicking on it, I get the (parametric?) list of questions to fill out: design firm, etc. etc. So everything is in there, address, all of it.

BUT when I click out, it still just says, "Firm Address..." and so on

How do I get the entries I made to "stick" or "show up"? I'd love to have them there, otherwise, the parametric part of the title block is just blocking me (no pun intended...)

Thanks in advance for any advice I might get ...

PS

> It seems like it should update automatically, but when I click OK, it just goes "beep" and doesn't take the changes ... ;(

> also, (strange!) it won't let me "turn off" the grid on the sheet layer. maybe this is connected?

Edited by thinkbuild

Have you modified the associated record structure too? You need to map a record structure onto the title block fields.

There are certain conventions that need to be followed, for example, to differentiate between project and sheet fields. Its all in the manual.

I find it best to create my own record structure only containing the fields that I want to use. Then map these onto the title block.

Dear Wes, Dear Jonathon, Dear Ian,

Thanks so much for your tips. I think that the problem was indeed that the records became somehow damaged.

In any event, rather than re-modifying one of the titles provided, I began by looking at the other viewport videos, which are under VW 11 and 12 (!) - see:

http://www.nemetschek.net/training/library.php?movie=11movies

(Viewport Overview + Architect Viewports)

and

http://www.nemetschek.net/training/library.php?movie=12movies

(Improved Drawing Borders)

Then, I VERY closely followed the NNA article Wes listed (Above) - it was GREAT. I learned how to do it properly, and also lots of other nice little things such as the align command and so on....

...which leads me to another question, is there somewhere a list of all the kbase videos? I think that is a fantastic resource which I don't really know how to access. It would be nice to browse it....

Hope all are well, and again, thanks...

Jason