Has the Scale Bar been corrected in VW 2008?

I'd like to use the scale bar but its design up to VW 12.5 is incorrect. Anyone using a scale knows that the 0 (zero) point is between the major divisions and the minor divisions. This makes it usable as a scale. Look at any scale. Feet go to zero and inches are on other side of zero point. The way it is implemented now you have to subtract one greater unit to get the correct measurement!

OK, tell me I missed something.

Henry

Newton MA

VW12.5.2; G5 dual 1.8 GHz, 2GB; Mac OS 10.4.11

since MC5

"Why not just draw your own and make it into a symbol?"

Well, that's what I do.

Was just in a complaining mood. Yelled at a GC (justified), got it out of the system.

But, for those who use the VW scale bar, it might as well be implemented correctly. Also, each drawing at a different scale needs a different bar. Yeah, I have symbols of each scale bar.

It's amazing. I just got a drawing from an engineer that had 1/4" = 1'-0" written on it. Haven't done that in 25 years. Of course the drawing was reduced so the note meant nothing. He had screwed up already by sizing all the beams incorrectly by using the wrong scale. It's surprising how long bad practices persist.

ALWAYS use a graphic scale. NEVER note the scale.