printing multiple pages

When printing 11x17 sheets, VW generates 4 pages for each sheet drawn. Pages 2-4 are always blank, but show up in the print dialog box and print (blank) anyway. I can disable ppg. 2-4 in the print preview box, but it would be easier if I didn't have to. FYI - the hardware/software I am using is VW 8.5.2 on a G4/450 with an Epson Stylus 1160 printer. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by mikeconner:

If I read this correctly, you drawing should fit on one 11x17 page but you are getting extra blank pages when you print. If so, what do the page guides look like on screen, do you see four gray boxes showing page edges or just one? Are you sure you print area is set to just one page?

Mike-

Thanks for replying and sorry it's taken me 5 months to answer your question, but I was just dealing with it and had forgotten I posted a listing. To answer you question, the page setup shown on the screen shows one box for the page with grey lines sectioning off a narrow piece of the drawing page at the bottom and right edges of the page. The print preview dialog box (on the printer itself) lists pages 2,3 and 4 but shows nothing on them. I have to select only page 1 to be printed or it will spit out 3 blank pages following the print.

Thanks,

Eric

Mike Conner

Eric,

Seeing my name here took me by surprise, I hadn't remembered this. Anyway, the layout of the gray box print area lines indicates your problem. VW has problems resetting the print area when you change paper sizes. You need to go into the Page>Set Print Area and choose One Page under size.

Also, for better support, subscribe to the VW mailing list at PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM if you haven't already.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mikeconner (edited 02-20-2001).]