Grump user....update coming?

Is this the place to gripe?

1. I seem to crash VW several times a day.

2. VW2008 is quiting on every dwg import.

2. Any files over 100mgs don't seem to do well...corruption message where I cannot save changes.

3. Drawing fonts change completely from one machine to the other in our office. (can Geneva please be banned?)

4. Double clicking too fast on a complex drawing even seems to be rough on this delicate software...where is our robust VW?

Mark Stech-Novak

Morning Mark

Post your machine & system specs here and there are many experienced users who will help such as Islandmon (a minor deity, above) as well as NNA staff. What you are reporting is unusual enough to have a cause - what I mean is that VW does collapse in a heaving mass occasionally but this is now reasonably rare especially with 2008 (although it happened to me last night; first time for at least a month)

Post your information and you will be helped.

Charlie

Charlie, Here's what I work on:

Model Name: Mac Pro running Os:10.5.2

VW2008 Designer

Model Identifier: MacPro1,1

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 5 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08

Mark - one thing I can see from your specs is 5 gig memory; did you see this thread http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=103079#Post103079 especially the post from ionw near the end.

I also note that you're running Leopard (I'm not). Apparently VW has had some issues with Spaces - I can't find the thread immediately but it's there somewhere.

Have you done all the usual maintenance things (repaired permissions, flushed caches etc.) ?

Is there any pattern - DWG import okay, but anything else?

Updated to the latest build (83388)?

Are you autosaving, and if so to a local or network drive? This used to cause problems with 12.5 but I haven't read any for 2008, but you could be the first...

100 megs isn't that big, 800 plus is largish so there's definitely something happening memory-wise. When VW crashes do you save the crash reports?