Need Help putting a label on a bowling Pin

Hi Guys,

I have tried everything I can think of! I did a sweep for the bowling pin. I then did another sweep that only went 180 for the label to go. Unfortunately I can't get it to line up right and when I did it did this weird thing where it cut into the middle of my pin. I've tried mapping it and tried using the attribute map tool! I'm super stuck anybody help?

Thanks

P.s I even tried putting into form z and doing it!

I'll update my header but i'm a mac osx with V.W 12.5

Is this what you are looking for?

I created the text with the black background in VW and saved it as a PNG file. I then imported it into a texture in the file with the Pin.

I then applied the texture to the pin and set it to not repeat and used the mapping controls to set the size and move it where it needs to be.

When you make the texture if you use the image color option, the object will take the color from the attributes palette except where the label is. If you use the Filtered Image option the pin will use the color of the label everywhere. In this case that is the white you see in the attached image.

Pat

VW will not read a straight Photoshop file. It should be able to handle a tiff.

Try this:

Go into the Resource Browser and add a New RenderWorks Texture.

In the Color shader, select the Image Color option and select the tiff or png file you want to use as the label. Uncheck the Tile Image Horizontal and Vertical buttons.

If you know the size of your label, set that in the Size Box.

Select the pin and set the Render Mode to OpenGL. Go into the Render pane of the Object Info Palette (OIP)

Set the texture to the one you just created and set the Map Type to Plane.

Turn off the Repeat Horizontal and Repeat Vertical buttons.

Use the Scale slider to set the size of the label to what it should be.

Click on the Mapping Button. It will open the Edit Mapping dialog box.

Use the tools along the right side of the preview window to set the label to where it need to be and click OK.

This should give you what you need.

Pat