Object Duplication!

I am getting really pissed off. There are parts of my drawings (elevations and sections) that have 10-15 copies of the lines and symbols stacked on top of each other. This is extremely frustrating and I don't think it is anything I am doing. I use the move by points command a lot, and am starting to suspect it is the problem - though I don't know how to fix it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for the reply. I am new to Vectorworks (December), and I did know that highlighting objects then holding Option down allows those objects to be copied. I did not know that holding Option down and clicking an object would place a copy directly on top - so thank you.

However, I am getting 10 - 20 duplicates sometimes and I know it is not because of the Option click you describe (i.e. I wouldn't do that 20 times).

• 3 months later...

I can verify what you are saying about self duplications. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen --When at least 15 objects are piled upon one another without any clear cause. I, unfortunately don't know why. So I can't help. But I am not buying the apple + d reason. Recently, one of my employees realized that the number of objects in her file had multiplied 1070 x (judging from the number of objects in the file before this happened). The strange thing is, it doesn't happen to all the objects.... hmmm.

Holding the Ctrl key and clicking on an object will duplicate it. I think this is the cause for the people having problems. I just don't believe VW is randomly duplicating objects. It's never happened to me in 14 years of the program and judging from the amount of people complaining it's not a widespread problem.