VW 2008 -> Photoshop

Hi,

is there a good an working way to import data from VW into Photoshop? I would prefer to only get rasterized lines in photoshop (all white areas should appear empty). I was trying to use the eps export but the result isn't very clean. I also tried a pdf instead but somehow, even if acrobat is showing the correct data, photoshop only imports the data that was on the active VW layer.

Is there another way to do it? I would like to do a little bit of color finishing in photoshop...

Orangeman. Not sure what yo are doing with PDF, but I use it alot and it should import all layers whether visible or not. You may need to change some defaults.

It may also be down to the version of photoshop that you have. I have an old version of Photoshop V6 and it behaves differently to my latest Photoshop Elements 6. I need to use the latter when importing from 2008 are there are some oddities.

I presume this is simply down the version of PDF that VW is exporting as it may be writing a later version PDF than V6 can handle.

If you are colour finishing 3d models, take a look at Piranesi. It is basically a painting application that understands 3d, depths, materials and hence is very quick to use as you can mask areas at a click of a button and apply textures and styles with a pen or as a whole area fill. Check out the gallery to see what people use it for.

If you are UK based, you can also buy Piranesi or upgrades for your Adobe apps from me.