Record format merge?

I have foolishly imported symbols into a drawing with multiple record format names (equipment, equipment1, equipment2, equipment3, etc.) since there was a class named equipment already in the drawing, it asked that I rename the record. Now I need to merge these. The fields are all identical in all 12 (yes 12!) of the mislabeled record formats.

Any script of work around I am not aware of?

Mark Stech-Novak

Restaurant Consultation & Design

935 Aquarius Way

Oakland, CA 94611

Tel: 510-601-7142

Fax: 510-601-0335

Email: mark@msnrcd.com

Since there are 12 different Records with identical Fields, then we can assume that the information in the Fields is not identical. Therefore, merging the Records will eliminate the information in all Record Fields except those of the first Record. Is this what you desire ?

If on the other hand all the information is identical , then simply delete all but one of the Records.

I think the problem is that there are twelve different symbols each with a separate record attached. What he really wants is a script to attach the one correct record to each symbol, copy the data from the wrong record to the right record and then delete the wrong record.

Think about what happens when you import multiple DXF/DWG files into one VW file. Multiple symbol defs and multiple record formats with some of the defs with the wrong record attached.

Big problem. But a fairly easy solution. Just need some time to solve the little immediate problem.

Pat