Color rendering view to B&W

Is there a way to change from a color rendering view to just a black and white view instantly. I know you can select black and white option in the document settings but it only changes a few of the objects to black and white and leaves the others in color. I have to manually go back in 2d edit and select the color or gradient to none. This becomes alot longer to do this way.

• 4 weeks later...

It would indeed be nice to have gradients and image fills omitted from this too.

Doesn't make sense to have a B&W drawing with colour fills and it would also speed up work if you could simply turn off gradients without having to go through and turn off a number of classes and/or layers.

I put gradients in their own class and/or layer so I can turn that off but this does involve having a separate fill object.

Image fills is a tricky one. I can see that it would be useful to not omit an image fill and it may be time consuming to convert it to b&w on the fly.