Windows XP 64bit

Hi Following on from my previous post... Can anyone help please.

We have a massive problem... We run windows XP 64bit Machines with Dual Core Xeons with 4GB ram. We have just installed 2008 and nothing... vectorworks won't run.

Having looked into it there is a caviat in the licence agreement saying it may encounter problems and the RAM should be reduced to 2GB?!

We also run 3D Studio Max 9 and AutoCAD LT 2009. This cannot be reduced for that reason. Someone must be able to shed some light on this. Other than take out RAM (which is NOT going to happen)

Many Thanks

Chris

I spoke with NNA tech support earlier this week.

Per my conversation, Vectorworks will run as a 32 bit application under XP Professional 64 and Vista 64.

However, it will run more slowly than it would otherwise on an equivalent machine using a 32bit OS.

The earlier problems were supposed to have been fixed with service pack 2.

I recommend that that you have the latest service pack and contact technical support.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just installed VW 2008 on XP 64, the program wouldn't load until I updated with the latest service pack [build 83388].

After speaking with technical support earlier this week, dwg import is still not working but will be fixed in the next service pack [due out shortly].

So I'm still running my 32 bit XP laptop for dwg related processes...and having to shut down the application on the other computer so I don't get scolded for having two instances of VW on the network.

A bit of a pain.