drawing setup

This is not a reply to your question. But I use Autocad under the guise of Virtual PC, and my Autocad versions of VW drawings have the same "saved sheets" by using its Layer Manager feature. It's available if you have the Bonus Menus from the full Autocad installation.

Okay, to briefly answer your question: Think about the ancient "overlay drafting" method of stacked mylar sheets, think about physically stacked floors, try using layer links, explore symbols and layer scales. So many things to think about...

------------------

Kenneth

As a long time autocad user I am having a bit of difficulty figuring out how to organize drawings in Vector Works. What has been giving me particular grief is understanding how to create several printable views from a single base file. Is there a good resource available to illustrate how to set things up so that one could create a site plan, building plans, and plan details at varying scales without having to redraw elements? The users'guide seems a bit vague on the subject. Thanks