File is currently in use by another process.

"File is currently in use by another process. Specified file is currently open, so it cannot be replaced." -This note has been coming up frequently on a particular drawing it seems to happen most often when the drawing is up but idle for a while although it can happen in the middle of a command. Restarting doesn't help. The machine it is happening on is a mac OS X ver. 10.4.11. Does anyone know what is causing this. I do not know of any other application that should be linked to this file.

I have been having the same problem.

I have restarted my machine and tried to delete the file but get the same message.

I have just been copying the file and saving with a new name.

After I have waited maybe 10 minnutes I can then delete the old file and the message does not come up. Have no idea why.

wavlas ... had this happen with a file buried deep in the volume somewhere that was loading off the net .. it caused all manner of issues until i could isolate it and use Terminal to rm it .. via the trash.

It was consuming processes which were not accessible to me ... i used 'WhatSize .app " to locate the file.