Font Character changes in Worksheets

I don't really know what effect it will have. GDI is basically an operating system level technology for drawing things. The equivalent on the Mac is called Quartz.

On the Mac, Quartz allows the transparency effects (object and layer transparency, not RenderWorks transparency) and also provides a "round pen" so that diagonal lines are the same weight as horizontal and vertical lines. According to the manual it also provides "better support" for large format prints and PDF files.

My biggest concern would be the effect on diagonal lines.

Pat

The only thing I can think of is to try a different "brand" of Ariel. Instead of the version that ships with Windows, go to fonts.com or linotype.com and purchase either a full unicode version, or if the unicode is not compatible with the GDI imagaing (I don't have a windows machine to try it on), a non-unicode version that has the character(s) you need in the basic font set.

Sorry,

Pat

As I noted above, you can have GDI on and use specialized fonts. The only thing affected is the display of the font. So if you need GDI for opacity control, turn it on to set opacity. Then, if you want to see the fonts as they will print, just turn GDI off (remember to turn it back on again before you print). I usually just leave GDI on unless I absolutely need to see the font I use (Graphite Std.) for tight text placement, etc.