Scale objects!!!!!

Howdy All,

1st Question: The "scale objects" command seems to scale everything in all layers, even if they are not show/snap/modify. What am I doing wrong?

2nd Question: I have two separate drawing in the same scale, but when I copy/paste one into the other, the size of the objects doubles on one of them. Weird and extremely frustrating!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. In the Scale dialog box make sure the Scale Entire Drawing check box is not checked. Then only the selected objects will be scaled around the geometric center of the selected objects, not each object around it's own center.

2. Different layers can have different scales. All the layers in both documents are not at the same scale. Open up the Organization palette in both drawings and make sure all the scales are truly the same.

Pat

Thanks for your timely reply Pat.

1.) OK, are we talking about the Layer Scale dialog box? Does that effect the "scale object" command? And oddly enough, that command seems to effect the objects if they are selected or not.

2.) Both drawings are at 1/4"= 1' scale but when I copy one drawing into the other, the objects are sized are much larger.

Thanks again, Nick

Thanks for your help Pat.

Regarding the DWG import, I have the PDF file of the drawing with the scale on it. And so, as usual, I set the scale to that size when importing. With earlier versions of VW this method worked fine, but with 2008 no luck.

I think I need to phone tech support and have them walk me through the import process with this one.

Thanks again, Nick

What is the old saying "believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you read"? It could very well be that the scale on the drawing is wrong.

If there are any objects on the imported drawing that you know the size of, try and put a dimension on them and see if they match. If not go the the Scale... dialog box and put in the known size divided by the measured size. Feet and inches won't work in this dialog box nor will any units. You will need to convert both known and measured to a single decimal unit (either feet or inches). make sure you check the Entire Drawing check box and the Scale Text check box and hit OK. This should get you a drawing that is truly to scale.

Then you can copy and paste between drawings.

Pat