MAJOR crashing problems!

To whomever gives a s***,

We have been experiencing major crashes assoicated with VectorWorks. Our office is has about 10 stations that run VectorWorks and all of them crash on a regular basis, most of them every 15 to 30 minutes.

We have tried EVERY single suggestion for remedy from VW support and this message board.

We orginally thought it was the communication between the server and our stations so we upgraded our server to the latest and fastest apple sever available. We also stripped all our machine so that only VW was present (among other required software, QT...etc.)

Of course after spending all the money to do all this we still experienced these crashes. And I'm not talking about little gliches that cause the program to crashes, these are full freezes that crash the whole computer.

These occur when operating VectorWorks (mostly during zooms or pans)

And before for any techs out there suggest I upgrade, allocate or run base extensions, save your breath, we've done it all. Our systems are running G4's w/ 9.0.4 OS w/ VW 8.5.2 w/ 256 megs of RAM (85 megs allocated to VW!!!!). We also have the latest Quicktime drivers and Rage video drivers.

We do have a couple G3's w/ running 8.6 OS w/ the 8.5.2 V but they crash the computer just as much.

I've read other threads on this board and I am extremely disappointed w/ the "standard" responses either from this boards Admin's or customer support.

If we didn't already invest all this money in VectorWorks, we would of have been gone long ago.

mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-28-2000).]

Patrick,

It is unfortunate that you have not gotten a resolution to your problem. At this point your best suggestion is to contact us in Technical Support. For the fastest way to resolve this matter call us @ 410.290.5114, Otherwise email us at tech@nemetschek.net. Until then you may want to try uninstalling all versions of QT and reinstall the latest QT using a custom installation and selecting all options.

This may also have something to do with a corruption of a Template being used in your office.

There is more troubleshooting to be done until the problem is fixed. As mentioned in a previous post, your problem is certainly not normal for VW.

Mike S.

Technical Support Manager

Nemetschek North America

[This message has been edited by MikeS (edited 11-30-2000).]

• 4 months later...