Sign in to follow this  
markdd

Copy and Paste

When we copy and paste from within a drawing, or from another drawing, is there a way of know/controlling the position of the pasted object. At the moment the pasted position seems fairly random....

Any thoughts would be great.

Many thanks

Mark

VW 2008

If you click on the drawing before pasting the new object is centred on the position you clicked. Works for me anyway!

Keith

Edited by Keith Hadland

I use control alt V and it pastes in the original position unless you have a different number of pages. Also if you just paste from one to another drawing it defaults to the origin of the drawing.

Tom

I think there are two methods for pasting - one allows you to paste anywhere you want (like at the center of the last mouse-click position) and the other is called Past In Place and will paste your data from one drawing into the exact location in the new file. This allows you to take objects from your old plan for instance, and place them exactly where they would be in the new plan...