Plants Disappearing

EGD

HELP!!!!

I have created several plants using the symbols that came with 2008, First problem, if i render open gl they all disappear, that does not help me if my deck has textures, house has textures, etc and then I want to print a rendered plan view, and all my plants disappear. Why?

2) investigating this more it also seems there is an inevitable connection to the "none" class, even though all the pieces are on other classes, like the , canopy, outline, tag, fill classes, but when i view these in top/plan they will disappear if the none class is shut off. The tag and cross still appear, but the plant symbol is gone. WHY?

No, all of our plants are placed on our class " plants new"

Each component of the individual plants are in the specified class of, outline, color fill, tag, and canopy. All of which were part of the original plant symbol we defined.

we are also having problems with turning off the color fill class, and our plant outline then disappears even though it is in a different class, but that seems to be specific to one symbol( a vectorworks predefined plant symbol), so i think that is a bad symbol to start with.

What graphics card and drivers are you using? I've seen instances similar to this when half a tree symbol disappears - I have always though of this as probably being a graphics card/driver issue.

First problem, if i render open gl they all disappear, that does not help me if my deck has textures, house has textures, etc and then I want to print a rendered plan view, and all my plants disappear. Why?

Im not sure if I understand your first problem correctly but if you are in "top/plan" view then you use the 2D part of the plant symbol, if you go to "top" view, or any other non plan view, then the 3D part of the symbol is used. By default, the 3D part is not set up, which may be why your plants are disappearing when you go to OpenGL mode because this will switch from Top/Plan to Top view. To see plants from above, ie from Top, you need to add a 3D component to the plant symbol.

[edit]

Oddly, I have just opened one of my documents and have noticed some trees with and outline that appears in both Top/Plan and Top mode. But another tree, in Top mode, the outline just disappeared. Opening the two plant symbols, and viewing the symbol in top view, the one that remains has indeed got a 3D symbol, but I can't remember where I got it from. I don't think that I intentially put it in there although I was experimenting with the symbol so could have done enything! The odd thing is that I can't edit the 3D symbol.

[/edit]

Edited by IanH
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem with plants disappearing in Top Plan view. I place the plant, usually have to go into 2D graphics to place the plant graphics on top of the plant loci, and then when I enable 2D rendering, everything about the plant graphic disappears except the crosses marking the center points and the line connecting multiples of the same plant. Very frustrating and time consuming. Plants are in Plants Proposed or Plants Existing classes.