VW2008 and Leopard - Spaces

There is an issue in OS X leopard using spaces.

Issue:

I am in one of the spaces VW2008 is not assigned to. VW2008 is open in another space. When I double-click a file in the finder window the space containing VW2008 is brought up, but VW2008 is only partially in the foreground. To get VW2008 to the foreground I have to click outside of VW and then into VW.

The same happens when I switch to VW using the Command-Tab function or click on the VW icon in the dock from another space. This does not happen when I switch spaces using the spaces overview window.

This small inconvenience has caused me to accidentally close a file that I had not yet save leading to loss of work.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi,

This issue with spaces and your palettes not appearing is an operating system issue, as other programs that use palettes experience the same problem. It should be fixed in some future Leopard update, so until it is resolved we would suggest disabling spaces. If you would still prefer to use spaces, you may want turn on the AutoSave feature found in your VW Preferences to prevent the lose of your work again.

Edited by Tech

This small inconvenience has caused me to accidentally close a file that I had not yet save leading to loss of work.

Check that you do not have the very useful backup option set. You can set VW to backup every few minutes to a separate folder so you may have a backup available in there. I have VW backup every 15 minutes to a sub dir. I keep 4 revisions which is basically the last hour of my work. It just gets on does it and the only thing that you see is the green backup complete message appearing in the status area.