Error message trying to export to DWG

Razzman

I get a constant error upon trying to export to any format: "MyComputer:Application:VectorWorks 2008:VectorWorks2008.app:Contents:MacOS-dwg:MacOS.dwg This file already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?"

No matter which folder I direct my export to be saved, I get this error. If I choose "Yes" to opt for the overwrite, my file never gets saved where I direct. Therefore I can't capture any export at all.

Mac OS X.5.2 on a MacPro 2.66. I drilled down to Contents for VW2008 and found a file named "MacOS-dwg" and threw it out. Then I tried to Export another file. I did not get the error, but I don't get an exported folder. I have VW2008 on my MacBookPro (OS X.5.2) I then move the VW file to that computer and it exports fine.

Also, in the Export dialog - why does the file name appear as "MyExport." The file name and a "dot" no suffix? This is the same for a successful and unsuccessful export

That is really wierd. The file it is pointing to is in the actual vectorworks application.

There should NEVER (well, unless you really know what you are doing and take full responsibility) be a reason to have dig into the Vectorworks.app bundle.

My first suggestion would be to completely trash VW from your machine (including the prefs [yourUserName:Library:Application Support:Preferences:net.nemetschek.vectorworks.plist] making sure you have a copy of your serial number first (it will be required for the reinstall.

If one thing in the app bundle is wacky, there may be more that will continue to bite you. Probably at the worst times.

Pat

I figured that I was going to have to trash the Application. Thanks for the heads up on the pref file. I'm not afraid of going into an app bundle, but the Save dialog just keeps pointing there and saves just the hatches as a folder within the app bundle. The folder with the dwg just vanishes.