2- Way Paperwork

I'm not sure that's right. This is a good question and I hope someone who knows for sure chimes in but I think the answer is no. If you use the built in function to generate lighting schedules, these are one way. Any change you make to the plot requires you to regenerate the reports and if you change the reports they do not update the plot. This is actually stated in the manual. Now there may be some other way of creating a report that is two way but I have not been able to figure it out yet.

Ok, I did a test. So the answer is both yes and no. What I said above about the Spotlight function to generate paperwork is correct. Those reports don't update in either direction once they are made. You need to regenerate them every time you make changes to the plot. Now, if you generate your own report from the reports function under the tools menu, those work as two way worksheets.

Seems kind of silly not to have them be two way reports I have to admit. I'll post it as a wish list item.

In truth, as I work with Sam Jones' Autoplot Tools for Spotlight I don't really bother with creating reports manually inside VW. Sam's macros work well if you need edit in a table within VW.

I agree, the built-in Spotlight is not very powerful and it does not allow two-way adaption but I have only ever tried the Reports command which does, in fact, work bi-directionally.

If you use Lightwright and have Sam's macros installed then you can send information in and out of VW with relative ease. While the Reports feature may be good for architectural spreadsheets (counting doors, etc) I am not sure it is flexible enough for a typical lighting design.