Site Model

ginger04

How can I make the DTM model to compose with the road(NURBS) correctly? The road was modified with edith path->and the points were given a heigt so the road is a slope. I tried with send to surface and update the DTM but the effect is wierd. Also create a PAD for dtm is turned on.

This is a typical problem with Nurbs Roadways and Site Models. Usually for me the "Send Stations to Surface" command gets me really close, but there are still adjustments needed for fine tuning. Often by setting the station-to-station distance to a lower number (eg: 10ft instead of 20ft) then running the "Send Stations to Surface" again you'll get even closer. Also, sometimes making the fence wider helps. Another thing to look at is the "minor interval" number. Making this very small (like 1") will result in greater accuracy, but also in very long update/render times. When all else fails I find that adjusting the height ("Z" value) of each station is the only real answer. Sometimes moving just one station up by 2" is enough to fix the whole thing. If you do this remember to check that you are adjusting the "station point" and not the entire roadway. Good luck!