Problems with textbox

I use VW on an IntelMac G5 with 10.5.2 and I've got the most recent VW-Update.

From the start with this configuration (freshly installed brand new computer, default settings in VW) I have problems changing text on my drawings. Activating the textbox, the position of the mousecursor doesn't correspondent with the position of the text. I cannot click precisely into a text nor can I mark it with the cursor.

This is extremely annoying, and even someone from Vectorworks has been at my office to have a look at this, but had no solution either: there are no corrupt fonts, we trashed the font-cashes and all VW preference files, but it was no use.

The strange thing is, that I've got the same problem at home with a completely different computer....

Has anyone here had the same or a similar problem?

Edited by blanche_aline

Please clarify - is it an Intel Mac or a G5 Mac - can't be both.

From the start with this configuration (freshly installed brand new computer, default settings in VW) I have problems changing text on my drawings. Activating the textbox, the position of the mousecursor doesn't correspondent with the position of the text. I cannot click precisely into a text nor can I mark it with the cursor.

This is extremely annoying, and even someone from Vectorworks has been at my office to have a look at this, but had no solution either: there are no corrupt fonts, we trashed the font-cashes and all VW preference files, but it was no use.

The strange thing is, that I've got the same problem at home with a completely different computer....

Guest Donne Martin

Are you using VW2008? Try setting your floating data bar options to either "Use floating data bar" or "Use floating data bar only when tab key is pressed" as a workaround. You can access these options from the tool/mode bar.

We hope to have this fixed in an upcoming service pack.

Donne

Please clarify - is it an Intel Mac or a G5 Mac - can't be both.

Sorry, it should have read "on an IntelMac and a G5 (the one at home)"

Are you using VW2008? Try setting your floating data bar options to either "Use floating data bar" or "Use floating data bar only when tab key is pressed" as a workaround. You can access these options from the tool/mode bar.

We hope to have this fixed in an upcoming service pack.

Donne

Thanks a lot, that's it. :) But I really don't like that floating data bar; it makes me nervous, that's why I disabled it. What really irritates me is that the guy from VW didn't know that and said that he never encountered such a problem. I simply can't imagine that everyone sticks to the floating toolbar...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi,

First quit VW then go to HD > Username > Library > Application Support > VectorWorks > Workspaces > and delete all of the workspace files. Then launch VW. The text should appear correctly

*If you have a custom workspace before deleting it in the Application Support folder, make sure you have a copy in HD > Applications > VW > Workspaces.

Hi,

First quit VW then go to HD > Username > Library > Application Support > VectorWorks > Workspaces > and delete all of the workspace files. Then launch VW. The text should appear correctly

*If you have a custom workspace before deleting it in the Application Support folder, make sure you have a copy in HD > Applications > VW > Workspaces.

This doesn't solve the problem, the only workarount is as mentioned above the "use floating data bar"

It now occured also on a new InteliMac, btw.