Moving Labels

This is sort of related to this post: http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=100643#Post100643

But I thought it different enough to warrant its own thread... so here goes:

Has anyone had trouble moving labels in VW2008?

I used to have one or two legends that took care of all lights. I would then go through the plot and selectively move the couple channel/dimmer/whatever information to someplace more useful for points on the plot that were really tight and have multiple instruments overlapping and labels being obscured.

When I try and perform this move in 2008, I can only move around some of the labels, and often moving one will cause the others to move back to the legend location. This, obviously, is the opposite of help.

Anyone have any thoughts? do I need to build my legends/symbols differently now?

As an added gripe, every time I retouch a label legend layout in the manager VW2008 resets my class visibilities. ARRGGHHHH.

Edited by David Roy
  • 2 weeks later...

David,

Having the same problem here. This problem has continued to show up again and again. Re-drafting the entire plot helps for a while, and refresh instruments sometimes fixes it. Refresh instruments tends to make your fixture's Z coordinate jump down by a random distance.

This drives me nuts too. So far there are no answers that i can find in this forum. Now that i check the link in your post, i see that you're referencing the problem that i keep having.

ANYBODY out there see this as well? ANY answers???