Sign in to follow this  
Christiaan

Edit Title Block: default tab

Question

When clicking on the Edit Title Block button, the default tab should be the Sheet, not the Project. You're far more likely to want to edit the Sheet than the Project because you only need to edit the Project once.

6 answers to this question

Yes, yes , yes, this clicks-saving possibility is true and would be highly desirable.

This sort of thing, I would suggest, is the result of software development being engineer-led instead of design-led. Vectorworks is riddled with these sorts of design flaws.

It's ironic when you consider that VW itself is first and foremost a design tool.

No offence to the great engineers who work on VW?we need a greatly engineered product?but the process should be design-led. That's how you ultimately end up with a better designed product.

An example of engineering-led vs. design-led development is this piece on why Tumblr beats the pants off Posterous (in terms of adoption rates):

http://pegontech.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/why-tumblr-posterous-ass/

I'd second this suggestion -- once the project fields are filled in, I don't often go back and change them nearly as often as the sheet fields. Thanks, Christiaan.

What is wrong with taking it one step further? Double click the titleblock and up pops a matrix dialog with everything on it including tick boxes to specify whether the text is S_ or P_. Or separate the two into two fields in one scrollable dialog.

I also wish the door/window settings were a matrix of some kind like the organization pallet.

When clicking on the Edit Title Block button, the default tab should be the Sheet, not the Project.

This is now the case as of v2011 (or maybe v2010?)

Good points though bc. Often we ask for a faster horse when really we want NV to be designing the car.