Grid Transparency values

graham75

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Graham:

The units are similar for most widths and heights in the shader edit dialogs. They are fractions relative to the texture size in the Edit Texture dialog. So if the texture size were 1m and you typed in 0.5 for the grid width that would render as 0.5m.

HTH!

Thank you Dave!

So I understand...

If I set my main Edit Texture size to say 1'

And I want to apply a 2" grid with 6"x6" openings, then I keep the scale at 1, width=0.5, height=0.5, and grid size= (approx) 0.2.

And since I'm only applying a transparency, the Object Size in the main Edit Texture dialog box is irrelevant, right?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Graham:

The Edit Texture dialog's Size field is important because it is the starting point for everything.

The easiest way to do it would be to set the Edit Texture dialog's size field to 1", set the grid shader's width and height fields to 6 and the Grid Size field to 2. That way "6" means 6 times 1 inch. This technique can be problematic when the shader values get to be large; sometimes the shader dialogs may not let you type in values over a certain number (like 100 or more).