MAC - PC workgroup reference problems

Alex W

Question

We are trying to use workgroup references within our drawing files, however we are using both MAC and PC computers and versions of vectorworks.

Whenever a drawing file is created with references in on a pc and opened on a MAC vectorworks cannot find the reference.

I think this may be due to the fact that vectorworks files created on a PC do not show with the correct icon on a MAC machine, showing the default 'unbknown item' icon instead, and requiring you to open them through vectorworks (ie they have no default program associated with them).

Any advice would be appreciated.

kind regards

4 answers to this question

wait how do you make sure "each platform has these file extensions (MIME) properly recognized" ??

i have the same problem with my pc at home and the macs i use in school. Today for example, I need to finish up my project but I can't open my file in school right now.. so I'm basically doomed unless I somehow manage to recreate exactly what I did at home and then continue on from there. o_O!

ps. I have the same (12.5) version as the school, the only difference is mine at home is the free educational version.

I already tried that thing but it wouldn't let me select the vectorworks program from the open with option..

The program icon itself is shown as grey so i can't even click on it

any other suggestions? T_T

[EDIT] omg! nevermind i figured it out yay! :D

i couldn't click on it because the computer only enabled the "recommended applications" as a default instead of "all applications". Thankyou!

Edited by soon