RE: ID Tool to Assign Marker to Object (Not Symbol)

C W

I needed to create a corner window and did so via a simple object extrusion/add solids. Now I'd like to assign this object a marker and attach it to my window schedule. I don't need any parametrics such as dimensions but would like it to simply locate to it's right place in ascending order when recalculating. I assume this could be done with the ID Tool but am not certain about how to go about it.

Guest Wes Gardner

I did a test - draw your object then using the ID Label Tool single click (or is it dble???) on your object which brings up the ID/Specification Tool dialog. Choose Window Object in the ID Type then pick Options...

Once you've established that it's a Window object, you can either edit the settings in the OIP or get the typical Window Settings dialog and choose ON SCHEDULE to have the data appear in your Window Schedule

Does this help?

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner

Thanks Wes. That is what I was doing, but I was confused when the marker wasn't visible and the window seemed to move. Ultimately, I attached the ID Marker to a 2D polygon over the object in plan view... worked fine.

If you're interested, attached is my object. Click on the marker and you'll see an object highlighted that is not the shape of my window. Then go into Top view to see the window... still need to dial in the nature of 3D objects.

Edited by C W