Exporting to pdf and resaving as a jpeg

grangeian

Question

I am happily exporting my drawings to pdf and they can be opened by my Adobe Reader 7 and then printed. Thats ok. I want to import into Corel Photopaint X3 to colour up the drawing so opened the drawing in Acrobat 6.0 to resave as a jpeg. However parts of the drawing are missing in Acrobat 6.0 (although complete in Reader 7.0) and this gets worse as you zoom in and out.

I have tried exporting from VW as a jpeg but it is very pixelated and also rather small - how can I get the drawing neatly and easily into my paint programmes? I have tried opening with Photoshop 5 to no avail - the pdf is not a Photoshop one apparently. I dont remember this being a problem in VW 11 (I have upgraded recently)

Thanks in frustrated hope that someone can help!

4 answers to this question

Some things do not appear to export when using the VW export function. Transparency is such an example. Because of this I export as a PDF and load the pdf directly into photoshop which rasterizes it into a flat raster image that can then be output as jpg or whatever.

It is a shame that VW requires this intermediate step. NNA claim its because jpeg does not support transparency but that like saying that you can't shoot a photo through a window because the window is transparent and jpeg does not support that.