perforated scrim

alright, i have another question for you all who have more skillz than i.

if i want to model a perforated metal scrim, with the perforations being about 1/8" or 1/4" in size and about 1/2" apart, how would you go about doing this. i am doing this on a roughly 3'x6' fenestration and the scrim is a shading device for this particular condition.

the "subtraction" method seems like it will take too much time and may not be as effective as it could be.

thanks.

One method involves creating a texture. Read up on that in the VW help.

Draw one or several white dots on a colored square or rectangle. Screen shot or image export (marquee). In your resource browser, select Resources/New Resource/Renerworks Texture. Color- Obj Attributes, Transparency-Mask Transparency/edit/import your dot image. Assign white (the dot) as the transparent color. In your drawing, select your scrim, assign it a color in the Attributes Palette. In the OIP click the render tab, select your new dot texture from the list. Enable the horizontal and vertical repeat options. This will yield renderings with light passing through the dots. 2d views will not show the texture. Texture scale can be manipulated in the OIP to give you the opening size you want.

Add your VW and system info to your forum signature. It really helps with troubleshooting.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw