Resetting altered Label Legends

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Scott;

You pose a good question. i just experimented with a vw08 plot containing a number of label legends with individual text fields shifted from their default constructed position.

in my experimentation, david's method of refreshing the single instrument did not succeed in re-setting the text fields placement back to their default position in the label legend. i then typed in a different label legend name in the OIP "use legend" data pane; it did properly change the alignment of the individual texts per my construction (sidelight versus frontlight, for example), but their manually-positioned placement remained intact. Deleting the legend name from the "use legend" data pane eradicated the information, but when i re-entered any label legend name, the text fields reappeared, but still in their manually-positioned places. Duplicating the fixture (and the label legend) only duplicated all aspects of that fixture, including the manually-positioned label legend. Erasing the legend name, and then refreshing, also failed to reset the label legend.

i'll continue to experiment, but at the present time, in vw08, my best suggestion is to create an altogether new fixture, with the original default label legend.

with luck someone else will solve this puzzle and post a better answer.

shelley

I think I found a Solution to this!!!!!!!

Select the fixture that has improper placement of label handles.

Go to Modify- Assign Label to Instruments- and then the Label Legend you wish to use.

I think this refreshes not just the information generated, but resets the handles back to the Legend.

This also works with multiple instruments.

Let me know if it works for you guys too.

• 2 weeks later...

David,

i tried this: select ONE instrument, and then Modify > Assign Legend To Insts.

Several instruments close to the fixture (same lighting position) THAT WERE NOT SELECTED then took the legend that i chose. The fixture that i selected was unaffected.

Driving me NUTS! This whole plot, that looked fine a few days ago, is completely messed up and i can't seem to get the legends to behave properly again. None of the labels have been individually moved.

Anyone from Nemetschek care to comment???

• 4 weeks later...

I've also noticed that the Label Legend Manager is not acting right. I just upgraded to SP2, and haven't fixed the issue. Whenever I try to modify a label legend's layout, I get a message box that says "A VectorScript error has occurred, please refer to the file "error output" for a further explanation"

When I click on the error output button, it says "Error: _1814 _2 - Index outside array limits."

and I can't edit the layout. . .

Even when I add fields, and click done, I get the same error message. When I try and edit the layout in the resource browser, the fields aren't added.

I have changed the name of the user fields in the lighting devices, and am attempting to put those on the label legend, but haven't had issues with them in other places.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
What happens when you copy and paste everything into a new document?

CD

HMM shades of minicad 5 there...

Guys I've been having the same issue in VW12.

I had a bad symbol that was created sideways and I assigned that label legend to my whole plot. Then I spent a few hours painstakingly moving the circles and handles around.

I've deleted and refreshed label legends. and indeed it will refresh and put the labels sort of where i want them but now the handles are 180? different from the circle and I have to intuit where the handle will move the circle. ie if i move the handle toward the center of the lite it does indeed do this. But if I want to move the circle 1'x and 6"Y I have to move the handle -1'x and -6"y very annoying.

any thoughts?

hi herrick;

if the instrument is facing "upstage" in the label legend, you should be able to edit the LL, exit the symbol, deselect everything, invoke 'refresh instruments', and see the results.

i have found that, once i have found one LL that works for most fixtures, that when i want the channel/handle in a different position, i have to duplicate&modify a separate/new LL. apply that new LL to as many fixtures as seems profitable.

see how many are left that require the channel/handle in yet another position, duplicate&modify, etc.

ymmv. good luck.

shelley