Problems with Spaces and Finish Schedule

I have upgraded my computer to an iMac 2GHz Intel 2 Core Duo, 3GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, with OSX.5.2 and installed the VectorWorks 12.5.3(80532) upgrade.

Since this upgrade I am having a problem with assigning Room Finishes to a Space.

Create a new document.

Create rectangle.

Convert Object from Polyline to Space.

Try to Assign Room Finish in Object Info.

Pop up window is corrupted.

When I reselect the Space and try to Assign Room Finish from the Object Info the Assign Room Finish drop down menus are blank.

It will not save Edit Finish... when new labels are assigned to the Ceiling, Walls, etc.

The Room Finish Schedule only lists the Room Names, but the finish columns are blank.

I am not able to generate the Finish Schedule since upgrading to VW 12.5.3. I noticed that the Object Info for the Space tool has changed as part of the upgrade. The Room Finish tool seems to work fine on the older version.

Has this problem been reported before? I am fearful of upgrading the rest of the computers in the office if this is a bug.

Bruce,

Your predicament is very interesting. I've had the problem since Dec. 2007. My VWs symptoms are exactly the same as yours. I was being helped by tech support's Ernest, but all of a sudden I get no more responses. I am very dissapointed with the lack of information on the issue. And makes you wonder about quality control... I cannot confirm that it has to do with 12.5.3, but I did find that VW 12.0.0 does not exhibit the problem.

I found that all is normal up until you create ANY schedule (even a drawing schedule) or just peek into the VA Set Profile.

I have even installed VWs several times and ever created new users to repeat all the repair attempts as recommended by tech to no avail.

Do NOT upgrade any computer until some solution is found.

the VA profile is very dodgy + leads to these weird space finish problems. i tried moving the physical location of the profile folder with varying success.

see this thread:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=9&Number=91904&Searchpage=1&Main=19701&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post91876

it seems that 12.5.3 did something weird to the 'write' access to some folders.

i've got it working by moving the profile folders out of the "vectorworks" folder.

I had worked with VA profile, up to now, with very good results.

You say "it seems that 12.5.3 did something weird to the 'write' access to some folders." Funny, same problem here and I use a Mac...

Moving the VW_Arch folder out of the VW folder produced no positive results.