Shortcut for save views

If you have some knowledge of Vector Script, you can script your saved view, make a plug-in of it, put that one in your workspace and give it a shortcut.

I ones did that for a project where I worked on for half a year and where I used the saved views alot. It took some time to make them, but I sure had some benefits of it.

New in VW2008: when you are in the dialog of a saved view, you'll see a button "Edit Vector Script", normally if you push that one, you'll get the code and don't have to script it yourself (but for some reason, it returns empty here, maybe it will work in your version?)

Nevertheless, you have to redo this every time you adjust a saved view, so I doubt it that you'll get any profit out of this method. So for a normal project, it isn't worth doing in IMO, then you can better use the navigation palette.

If you don't want to use the navigation palette, you can also use the pulldown menu in the mode bar (next to the layer pulldown menu). If it isn't visible, you have to activate it first (click on the little arrow in the upper-left corner of the mode bar).

Edited by maarten.