Sign in to follow this  
H2owe Green

Disappearing Drawings, is the a bug? 2008

I have just discovered that if I open VW2008 and open a current VW file and then close this file and the file "untitled 1" to give me a clear workspace, when I open another VW file, either the original file I just closed or an other file, VW opens this file and displays the drawing for a second and then displays the last view of the "untitled 1" file and I am unable to work on the file I had opened although the title bar says I am working on the file I had just opened and not "untitled 1" as displayed. The only way I can get VW to respond correctly is to shut it down and re-start it. VW works fine as long as "untitled 1" is left open in the background.

Can anyone confirm if they can duplicate this problem or is it specific to my setup?

This is a known bug. I believe this happens when you drag-n-drop files on to VectorWorks. You may have better success going to File > Open.

Gunther

Gunther,

I did state that this happened when I opened a file. I am not dragging and dropping a file. It only occurs when I close all open files including "untitled 1" and then go to open another file.

Gary