Color Labels for DesignLayers

maarten.

Question

If you have several Designs in a drawing, and you use more then one layer for each design, it gets quite complicated by times and the change that you're drawing things in the wrong design gets bigger... (happened to me before, especially when the designs look a lot alike).

Therefor: ColorLabels for the DesignLayers.

Just like you can use ColorLabels for your files in the Finder to "group" them, you should also be able to use that principle for your layers.

That way you can give the design the same ColorLabel.

An image to express myself a little better:

080331colorlabelrt3.png

As you can see, there is a new column in the Organization Dialog where you can choose some colors for each layer.

Those same colors are used in the Layer Pulldown Menu in the Viewbar (is it called like that in English?). Also, the background of your drawing will get the same color as the ColorLabel of the active layer.

That way you'll notice it directly when you switch accidentally to an other Design

2 answers to this question

I like your idea. I think it would be useful. I had a similar request years ago.

I would also like to compliment you on your fine English. I could not begin to try and pronounce the Dutch words in your screen shot, yet your grammar is as good or better than some native speakers on this Forum.