record format question

I have ten window symbols ready to insert in a floor plan. I have the standard window record attached to each. I'd like to pre-enter that info that is common for a given symbol but varies from symbol to symbol before I place the symbols in my drawing. For example, I'd like to enter the height and width for my 2-0x5-0 windows ahead of time so when I place them I wont have to enter that info manually for each window. But that's info that I wouldn't want to make the default entry since it only applies to one of the symbols that this record is attached to. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Geoff

Place an instance of the symbol in question, attach the record format and fill in the fields with the default values for that symbol, and then choose Create Symbol. You'll end up making a new symbol that includes the record format and the values you entered. Now you can place copies of that new symbol, and the values in the record will be ready to go.

Caleb Strockbine

caleb@nemetschek.net