Sign in to follow this  
CS1

Whats the redline tool for?

Redlining.

Marking up the drawings with revisions (traditionally done with a red pen in the US).

CS1,

I'm going to guess you never worked on a Drawing Board (gee i feel old asking that)

We had two waxy coloured pencil blue and red, both of which wouldn't be picked up by the printer.

Blue lines for setup or Guides.

Red for the Architect to make notes or markup changes for the team.

Matt

Islandmon. . .you're so very punny. But it's a little early for Halloween, don't you think?!

Matt,

I nearly forgot about the non-print pencils. Thanks for the trip down memory-lane. Perhaps NNA could implement a T-Square tool in their next version, for us pre-cad folks.

Wow that is a trip down (bad) memory lane for me...thank god for technology and VW and you all to help me stumble through!

Cheers

Michelle

haha no neva used a drawing board, maybe while studing.

What can the "redline tool" do that the "line" tool set to red cant do?

The Redline object is a "smart tag". It contains text that can be linked to a database worksheet. When a Redline object is placed, the author can indicate his/her initials and a note associated with the indicator. Then, when another person has "picked up" the redline, the note's mode can be "switched". That way the notes can be saved for later reference, but made invisible for the drawing set.

haha no neva used a drawing board, maybe while studing.

CS, wasn't that awkward??