Plant Symbols Disappearing

I am working on a Mac PowerBook, using OS 10.4.11, with VW Designer (Educational Version) 12.5.1.

I have a problem with plant symbols ?disappearing? as I use a file. When I work in a newly created file there is no problem, but on files with a lot of data (especially files that have been sent from other offices with pre-existing data), the following problem crops up.

The first time I use the Place Plant tool things work fine. The next time, however, I find the graphic for the plant has disappeared in the plant graphic palette. Sometimes infill color is there, but the black lines that define the plant are gone so when I place a plant I just get a circle of green.

Is there a way to clean up this file or somehow rebuild the plant symbol resources for this one file?

You can see a screen shot of the Plant Symbol palette at the following link. The symbols for CTG, G4, and OTG have gone blank. How can this be restored?

http://mpkeane.com/uploads/Plant%20Symbols.png

Marc

Hi Matt;

Are you suggesting to right click the plant symbol in the plan? I get a choice saying "Edit" when i do that (not Edit 2D) but it doesn't seem to bring an edit window up.

And yet, after I did that, the "blanked" symbols start rebuilding themselves as I use them. Strange. But helpful. Thank you.

Marc