Adding 3d plants to place plant tool

This is a quick question with no doubt a quick answer! When I edit the plant preferences I have all the symbols to hand as I had previously exported the plant objects file to the default plants file. However the 3d view window offers me nothing - how do I or where do I add 3d objects to get them to view in this window?

Do other users use this function or make their own symbols and worksheets and store as a favourite file - I wonder whether it is easier to create a drawing with the symbols, record and their associated 3d plug-ins and just use this when creating a planting plan?

Edited by grangeian

Ian,

Do you mean how do you get VW to display a 3d representation of the plants?

If so then once you have defined your plant place it on the plan and then select it and double click. When the edit plant window opens select 3d graphics.

Make sure you have added the xfrog ip photorealistic resource to your favorites and then click and drag this into the 3d view. Now exit plant and then once you select open gl rendering and flyover tool, all will be revealed.

Good Luck

That works!

In earlier versions (11.5 anyway) you could select the 2d symbol from the plant preferences and then select the 3d symbol from about 5 rather poor choices. Now the GL view is empty. However adding the 3d xfrog as you suggest for each symbol works so I am up and running again - thanks. Now all I have to do is build up my symbols library - I was wondering what to do on a Saturday morning!

Ian