Viewport Bug?

Tobias

Yes, expected behavior.

The crop hides things on the design layer outside the crop object.

You may want things like notes to be able to extend beyond the crop object. If you want things hidden by the crop, then put them on the design layer and use classes to control the visibility in other sheets or views.

Pat

But a toggle button option to "crop annotations" along with design layer info would be useful at times. I summited this as a wish not long ago.

An example of when it would be useful is if you have just finished annotating a Section VP with framing members, insulation, and other details, then you want to duplicate that VP, bump up the scale, and crop it so you can make a custom enlarged detail. In this case being able to click the option to "crop annotations" would be very useful. In the mean time you have to go in and delete the extraneous annotations, but there are still some objects that need to be covered up with a white-fill rectangle in order to "crop" part of them out of view.

This is how I ran into it. I duplicated an exist VP, then cropped and enlarged for kitchen detail, and ended up with room names outside of the VP. Not a big deal to delete, I can see where at times it would be an asset as well. The toggle button is a good idea.