Rotate hatch

I am working on a Mac PowerBook, using OS 10.4.11, with VW Designer (Educational Version) 12.5.3

I made a custom hatch for a decking pattern. I applied it to an oval shape I created but now I need to rotate the hatch within the shape so that it aligns to the angle of the oval. Is there a way to rotate a hatch within a shape after it has been applied to a shape?

Marc

Short answer - No.

Long answer - There are two kinds of hatched in VW. Associative Hatches are applied through the attributes palette. The origin and rotation can not be controlled for an individual object. You would have to go through and edit the hatch.

Non associative hatches are applied through the Hatch Menu command. This actually creates a group of lines. You can control the origin and rotation on creation, but not after creation. But you can easily delete the hatch group and recreate it if you need to change the area or the rotation or origin.

Pat

If hatch was applied with attributes palette (associative hatch,) use hatch editor to change angle of hatch pattern (right click on hatch in Resource Browser and select Edit.) This will, however, change the rotation for all applications of that pattern.

If hatch was applied using Modify>Hatch (non-associative,) you can rotate the hatch but you'll have to do a bunch of trimming to make it meet your oval. You can also delete the hatch, edit the pattern to change rotation, and re-apply the hatch. OR you can delete the existing hatch, rotate the oval to 0 degrees, apply hatch using Modify>Hatch, and then rotate the oval back to your desired angle.

Dear NNA, please make it easier to use hatching. Editing using the hatch editor is NOT user friendly. Inability to easily rotate and change the origin of associative hatch is a PAIN.

• 10 months later...