Secondary dimension brackets

Is there a way to change the square brackets [ ] to parenthesis ( ) on the secondary dimensions? I need to dimension in both millimeters and inches and the square brackets can be confused with the number 1.

Ex. 285 [11-1/4"]. (11-1/4") looks better. Can this be done as a script to the Vectorworks preferences? The only way I can create parenthesis now is to ungroup the dimension and manually change the text of the secondary dimension.

You can change the brackets to parentheses for secondary dimensions without ungrouping the dimension.

In the Object Info palette, with the dimension selected on the drawing, click the "Sec" button (this button only shows if you have selected a dimension with a dual dimension standard). The palette will now show the values for the secondary dimension, and you will see the brackets in the leader and trailer fields, which you can then change to any characters you want.

There does not seem to be any way to change the default value of these fields, however, so you must still manually change these values if you want anything other than brackets.

If anyone else knows how to change the default value of these fields, I would also like to know.