Exporting From Sheet Layers leaves unusable stack if layers

Don@Black Dog

Question

Related to another posting, I tried exporting an RCP Sheet Layer with 4 viewports to my electrical engineers. I am VW 2008, they are Autocad LT 2004. I exported with to Autocad 2004-5-6 and with Layers as Classes. The file opened ok but they got a stack of Autocad layers with no relationship to eachother (ie, with out the light fixtures assigned to a floor layer). Everything was in one heap. The Page Space opened fine, but Model space was useless.

They need to be able to separate the primary buildng elements (walls, millwork, plumbing fixtures, stairs, doors and windows) and convert them to a color layer for backgorund use, but the blocks will not change color. Exploding the blocks crashes the program.

Is there an inter-species methodology anyone is using to allow this relatively simple file transfer to work properly, or, maybe better put, to allow the Autocad people to alter there drawing usably?

Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet