undeleteable cubes?

I just finished my 3d model. Going back I changed the pen settings and solid coloring attributes for some of my classes. When I zoomed out of my model, I found the model surrounded by a bunch of wireframe cubes! I can't delete them, but they seem to be linked to parts of the model, for when I move parts to another level, some of the cubs go with them. What's going on here?

I hope you have a backup.

The same thing happened to me awhile back. I noticed that when selecting objects in my model, they were described as 'failed subtractions' in the object information pallette. I was told by folks who frequent the VW user forum several ways to possibly remedy the situation to no avail. Try searching the forum archives for your problem.

Here is the URL:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/vectorworks-l.html

------------------

d. s h a f f e r

a r c h i t e c t

I hope you have a backup.

The same thing happened to me awhile back. I noticed that when selecting objects in my model, they were described as 'failed subtractions' in the object information pallette. I was told by folks who frequent the VW user forum several ways to possibly remedy the situation to no avail. Try searching the forum archives for your problem.

Here is the URL:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/vectorworks-l.html

------------------

d. s h a f f e r

a r c h i t e c t

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having this problem with different files for some time now. I do not know what causes it, or how to prevent it.

I did however find a way to put the objects back together again. Select one of the wireframe cubes. Then use the edit group command,DO NOT UNGROUP. The operands of the solid subtraction should now appear. If you still see the boxes edit each, one at a time.

When you hit the done button the subtraction will appear as it was supposed to be.

quote:

Originally posted by grantvz:

I just finished my 3d model. Going back I changed the pen settings and solid coloring attributes for some of my classes. When I zoomed out of my model, I found the model surrounded by a bunch of wireframe cubes! I can't delete them, but they seem to be linked to parts of the model, for when I move parts to another level, some of the cubs go with them. What's going on here?