New to Vista and I need help!

In the middle of a project, I had to buy a new tower. It came pre-loaded with Vista Home but Vectorworks is acting rather sluggish and I don't know why! My machine is literally fresh out of the box, has the Intel Quad Processor, 3gigs of RAM and not even connected to the internet, I tried turning off the applications in my task bar but I'm sure I'm missing something... Anyone out there familiar with Vista? Thanks!

You make vista run VectorWorks in XP mode by:

Selecting the Help and Support function

Select Table of Contents

Select Programs, Tools And Games

Select Working with programs and tools

Select Program compatibility

RUN the Start the Program Compatibility Wizard

I hope that this helps you Daniele G.

P.S. list your Hardware/Software parameters by making a signature like the one here in the lower left corner because some hiccups are hardware/software/version specific.

What version of VW are you running - VW2008 will work fine on Vista without changing compatibility modes. What are you doing when it runs sluggish? Have you got any visible stipples or plants on your plan or using any sketch/render modes- these can slow things down quite dramatically. Is it a complex plan? Have you updated the latest Microsoft updates?