dxf export

i can't say that i know of any CAD package that will translate raster information to vector (perhaps CadMover will). however, there are several image editors out there that will. if you're stuck with using VW for this logo, you best bet is to trace over the logo.

at least, this is what i've had to do.

if you have the option, import the image into the document using the destination program (AutCad, Microstation, etc).

i'm sure someone around here know more about this.....??

CADD Nark is right, you can't exactly do what you want to do. And I dont think the dxf format supports raster images at all.

You will have to trace the image in VW so it is a vector image. You can use the trace bit map tool to get a head start but you will have to edit the results(I've never really been satisfied with the trace bit map tool)

Good Luck

Sorry for not being clear. I have to create a .dxf version of a logo that was created in Freehand. I am able to copy and paste this logo into VW.

After I export this logo from VW as a .dxf I am unable to import it back into VW, or at least I see nothing on the screen after I select the exported .dxf. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong in the export process or the import process. I need this logo as a dxf file, not an image file.

Thanks

You are exactly right. Any raster image (jpg,pict,bitmap) will not transfer in the DXF export process. Using the "trace bitmap" command would probably be your best way of getting the logo to transfer when you export the file.