Print A1 or A2 Drawings on A4 Paper

C Mansell

Question

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a really silly question but is there a simple way within Vectorworks (2008 on Mac) to print a drawing which is presented on an A1 or A2 viewport reduced down to fit on on an individual sheet of A4 paper?

The reason I want to be able to do this is to be able to include A4 size representations of larger drawings within a job file so I have a simple manageable record of which drawings were sent out with any given letter to a client as the larger drawings quickly fill up the file.

Sorry if this is a daft question or is covered elsewhere but I don't seem to be able to find an easy way to do this.

Cheers

CM

4 answers to this question

You may be able to do it in your printer driver. If not, there is an extra setting in Page Setup that will do this for you.

Go to Page Setup and click the Printer Setup button.

In the Settings Pulldown, select VectorWorks. You can then enter a scale factor that will be used to print.

Be careful with this as it is hidden. I had a client get this combined with scaling in her print driver and a wrong layer scale and couldn't figure out why her 1/4" layer was printing at 1/16"

Pat

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 3/17/2008 at 11:51 AM, C Mansell said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a really silly question but is there a simple way within Vectorworks (2008 on Mac) to print a drawing which is presented on an A1 or A2 viewport reduced down to fit on on an individual sheet of A4 paper?

The reason I want to be able to do this is to be able to include A4 size representations of larger drawings within a job file so I have a simple manageable record of which drawings were sent out with any given letter to a client as the larger drawings quickly fill up the file.

Sorry if this is a daft question or is covered elsewhere but I don't seem to be able to find an easy way to do this.

Cheers

CM

I think the easiest way to do this is to publish the needed sheets to a PDF and print the PDF with the Fit to Page option (on Mac).