Font Problems

Dear Forum members

I am a VW2008 (SP2 Bld. 83388) user and am experiencing problems with many fonts loaded on my PCs. The fonts either appear as the Arial font or do not print when I generate pdfs (using Export or Adobe v7. The problem does not occur when I use these fonts in DataCAD V12.

The problem seems to go away when GDI+Imaging is turned off in the VW Preferences. However I cannot used opacity in my fills.

I notice that there are many posts of a similar nature but no fix or workaround offered.

Does anybody know if there a fix to this problem.

Sincerely

VW is rather fussy about fonts, at least in part because VW incorporates technology from several sources (the OS, Adobe, etc.) to create the final product. If they're not genuine TrueType fonts, they don't seem to play well with others.

Our standard is this: if we didn't PAY for the font (and then usually only from Adobe, ITC, or Lino) or it wasn't included with the OS, we don't use it. Downloading fonts, especially "free" ones, is absolute vorboten.

Beyond that, a little more info about the system(s) you're running might be helpful.

Good luck,