invisible symbols and not - same settings

Brooke

I try to insert a 2d tree on the active class and layer and its handles show as does it in the OIP but it is invisible. I change to different 2d symbol, of an adjacent palm frond, and it is visible. I go back to to insert one of the formerly invisible symbols and it is now inserted visibly. This little excercise may be repeated until circuits fizzle.

when I try to use the eye dropper to help with this it is ineffective except in getting the visible symbol to disappear after a pickup from it!!. And with no active layer class changes I now can get others (02_Sitework_Trees) but not the palm to insert visibly.

Other drawing operations work as expected.

Edited by Brooke

Ray, you gave me that tip before and as I remember it was helpful. In that case I was dealing with VPs and had not learned to distinguish between the classes of VPs as distinct from the current file. No VPs active this time, though I have considered that. The symbols are of the active class and layer.

Possibly a graphics card issue? I have had oddies when things have changed or disappeared and the only thing I could put it down to was a graphics card issue. Last problem was changing text in a text box. The text didn't change until I scrolled the text off the page and back in again - what was odd was this is something that I do regularly, but this time it simply did not want to play ball.

Also worth checking that you are in plan view not top view and that you are not using a sketch style.

Edited by IanH

Well, it was a class issue...and I would say a VW issue. Though the tree symbols were indicated to be of class 'Landscape-Plants,' they were in fact of 'None class.' That is a setting somewhere, perhaps, wherein things are set to be not what they are said to be.

How this is productive, helpful, consistent or friendly or intelligent or useful or worthwhile or considerate or even benign is beyond me. Maybe I will learn something.