SketchUp import problems

I'm a Mac VW user and I am having an issue importing SketchUp 3D drawings into a VW drawing. I have an Intel processor and VW said to make sure that the program opens in Rosetta by clicking on that option in the "Get Info" screen for the application.

I've done this, and now NOTHING happens when I select "Import SketchUp" in the import drop down.

Any ideas???

• 2 weeks later...

I am an sketchup User and I been trying to use the import feature on Vectorworks 12.5 and nothing happens. I went to the worksspace editor and tried erasing and moving the command to the menu but still banging my head to the wall, nothing happens.

PLS help!!

Gio

Windows Vista/VW12.5 Designer

Intel Core 2 cpu, T7200 @2.00GHz

Nvidia Ge0Force 7400

• 4 weeks later...

I am still having problems importing from sketchup models to Vectorworks. Sorry guys but is much easier and faster to draw quick 3-d models in Sketchup and then use the lighting capabilities to render the model. I can only do it exporting from SU to dwg format and the importing DWG to VW. Could anyone help me? I am trying to use the plug in for VW 12.5 without any luck. I tried already editing the workspaces but nothing.

Thanks,

Gio.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

VW 12.5 users running VectorWorks on Intel Macs must open the program using Rosetta to import SketchUp files. If after running in Rosetta, when attempting to import a SketchUp file, nothing happens the likely cause is version of the Sketchup File. VW 12 supports SketchUp 5 and earlier. If you try importing a SketchUp 6 file in VW 12, nothing will happen.

VectorWorks 2008 does support SketchUp 6 and does not require opening the program with Rosetta to import the SketchUp files.

By spreadsheet do you mean drawing page area? The grey box that shows where the paper will be?

If so, then you just need to change the layer scale to something smaller. With nothing selected, right click (ctrl-click on Mac) and select Layer Scale from the contextual menu.

If you mean that it is larger than a worksheet on the drawing, you will have to better explain your problem.

Pat