Sign in to follow this  
CraigCTC

VectorScripts and Position Numbers

Anyone out there have a vectorscript that will automatically assign a unit number to a lighting instrument based on it's position on a lighting position?

Example: If I insert an instrument at "position 5" on the pipe, the unit number in the object info will read 5, even though it may be the only unit on that pipe.

I know that there is nothing in VW that will do this automatically, so I'm wondering if anyone was savvy enough to write a script for it.

Spotlight does this automatically. Just go to the light position object palate and turn on Position summary and auto-numbering. Make sure that you have placed the instrument with the Instrument Insertion Tool.

That is if you want to order in direct numerical order. Look at the attached file. The circles are predetermined position numbers on our lighting pipes. If I place a light at circle #5, I want the unit number to be "5" - even if it is the only light on that pipe (auto numbering would make it "1" if it was the only light)

I think I've posted the pdf right.